Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How To Give Your Parents a Heart Attack 101



This is a picture of Noah in the middle of his favorite mode of transportation - running. Most of the time I find his running quite cute and am hopeful that he will still love to run later in life and I can live vicariously through his fast race times. However, sometimes his running can get him into trouble not to mention cause the adults in his life to have premature cardiac arrest.

A little back story - yesterday was his Christmas program at school. All the children participated, including the kids that go on Mon/Wed/Fri. Well, Noah's girlfriend Clayton goes to his school, but on opposite days and in a different class. Wes and I were curious as to what Noah would do when he realized that Clayton was at his school.

So we saw his program - very humorous to watch toddlers do the Christmas story. Baby Jesus ended up upside down in the manger. Afterwards Wes, his Mom, and I headed to his classroom to pick him up. The classrooms are located along a breezeway that opens into a courtyard and it was very chaotic with all the families there picking up their children. Long story short, the classroom is small enough that it did not take long for us to realize that he was not in it. His teacher, starting to panic, was sure he had come into the room with her. She turned to me and said, "Could he have run out the door?"


I almost laughed in her face. He's Noah. Of course he ran out the door!

Without a word we fanned out and started looking for him. Nobody really started to panic until we found his favorite toy "little duck" on the ground and then the panic set in. We knew that he would never leave little duck. For a good ten minutes we ran in and out of classes and through the parking lot screaming his name (during which time, I might add, not a single person asked us if we needed help. Nope, those other parents were completely oblivious to us screaming and running. They better not ask for my help next time they lose their child...). Finally, as I was heading across the parking lot, my mother-in-law screamed that she had him. I raced over saw what it was that had made him leave his classroom and little duck. Walking down the hallway, hand in hand, with grins the size of Texas on their faces, were Noah and Clayton. "Mama, its Clayton! At my school!" he squealed when he saw me. I almost strangled him on the spot.

So you see, the love affair continues. Clayton is his favorite person these days. I even use her as leverage on some days, as in,"Noah if you don't let me change your diaper, you can't play with Clayton later! " The other night we went back to the county park light display to ride the train again but this time we went with Clayton and her family and Noah had a blast.




Getting ready to ride the train through the lights.



Posing for a picture holding hands...oh wait, that's not a pose, that's what they do all the time!

No comments: