Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Embarrassing Things Your Children Say

I usually prefer to update the blog when I have some cute picture to put on it - I always think blogs with pictures are more interesting - but, alas, I have no cute pictures so today folks, it's just me and my words!

Things are going well in our house for now. By well, I mean that my 3 year old is only hyperactive sometimes and my husband hasn't yet tried to divorce me for being the most psychotic pregnant women ever. (I know, I know, there is still time...) Another plus is that the weather finally decided to warm up so we have been able to get back outside to play in the afternoons. Which is good because Noah has kicked his nap to the curb. That's right, he's dunzo. So, as you can see, playing outside is essential to my sanity. And play dates with friends (mine and his) are even more essential. And yes, I am counting down the days until I can rejoin the Mommy cocktail hour. (No, I am not an alcoholic...)

Okay, for your entertainment here is a funny Noah story. Last weekend we were at the mall looking for Noah some new shoes and Noah announced that he had to pee. We found the bathrooms and Wes decided to go and I decided I might as well go too because, lets face it, I have to go about every 20 minutes these days. Shockingly, Noah asked to come with me instead of Wes so we headed into the ladies room together. We entered the only empty stall and he pulled his pants down and peed like a champ. Then he just stood there.

"Noah are you all done?"

"Yeah Mama, I'm done. Hey Mama, look at my penis. Look how big it is!" (Apparently the penis obsession starts at a young age.)

Seeing as how there were people all around us and he was talking at full volume, I tried to gloss over his statement.

"Yes, uh-huh, okay pull up your pants."

"No Mama you didn't look. Look at my penis."

There was really nothing else to do so I sighed, bent down and said, "Yes, Noah, your penis is very big."

From now on Wes is always taking him to the bathroom!

So that is life in our house. Our 3 year old is keeping us busy (and laughing) and I am getting more and more pregnant each day. What in the world will life be like this spring when I completely outnumbered by penis obsessed boys?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kel! You and your stories! I laughed out loud at your darling little boy! :) I miss you and want to see your pregnant belly soon. I was thinking about you just yesterday and saying to myself, "Now, call Kelly this week!"