Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Reluctant Update

I say reluctant because I was hoping that by now my update would include pictures of Liam but, alas, there is no Liam yet. April 11th came and went and now I am two days overdue and more than slightly pissed off about it. I thought second babies weren't supposed to be so late....

Also, our camera software is all messed up so I can't even upload any photos that I have of Easter or anything, so really there is nothing interesting to even put on this blog! So...I will not post again until our baby is actually born, lest I scare anyone away with my cranky attitude. I will leave you with this question. Ladies, any ideas on inducing labor?.......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Walking!! Though I was a week "late," so maybe I'm not the best person from whom to take advice. :) I took primrose oil and drank red raspberry tea for the last two weeks before Hamilton was born. Not sure if that helped either though.

The Lovealls said...

Raspberry Leaf Tea...i started drinking it with Andrew at 35 weeks and he came at 37 weeks...i swear by the stuff. You can get it at Whole Foods...make sure you get the kind that has the Leaf it in...it is not the best but I think it really works!

The Balls said...

castor oil! totally worked with kennedy. it makes you go to the bathroom a LOT(another plus, it cleans you out so there are no surprises when it's time to push)! anyways, the activity in your intestines releases prostoglandins & then makes your uterus contract. so i've heard that if you've started to dilate, it usually moves things along. just make sure you drink plenty of fluids & keep yourself hydrated!

Aubrey said...

i tried everything. And I mean everything. Walking, swimming, pedicure, um... the other thing people talk about..., and nothing worked. I even had my membranes stripped. Then my water broke 1 week late. I wish I could help...but once the baby gets here it gets much better!

Jeremy said...

One word Kelly: SEX!