Monday, September 27, 2010

Important Firsts


So I am a little behind on updating these things but what are you gonna do? At the beginning of September Noah started 4K! It is his last year in preschool and then he goes on to the real deal. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that fact so I have chosen to stop trying. We will focus on this year for right now, and that is good because he is loving school. I mean, he always has, but I am glad that he walked right into his classroom like it was no big deal. It helps that his teacher is super sweet and that he has a ton of good buddies in his class!


In other news, we started Liam on solid foods. (Don't you love that picture?! He totally looks like a thug!) Anyway, it has been a bit of an adventure. At first his tongue thrust reflex was still very strong and he spit out most of what I put in his mouth. We stopped, waited a couple of weeks, and then tried again. It went much better but the rice cereal constipated him (alot!) and so we switched to oatmeal. Which was apparently a huge mistake - as was evidenced by an afternoon spent projectile vomiting and gagging and choking and a trip to the pediatrician after he finally went ghostly pale and limp in my arms. Our doctor said, "Yeah, probably wouldn't do anymore oatmeal." No doubt!


So we will be doing more of the above - me trying to convince Liam to open his mouth while he looks at me like I'm an idiot - with rice cereal that is laced with some prunes! (A funny side note - even after vomiting all afternoon he still weighed in at 16lbs, 11oz. He's a biggun!)


And, last but not least, for the first time in about a million years Wes and I actually went somewhere all dressed up! (Well, it was just his cousin's wedding but it still counts right?)

No comments: