Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How To Survive An "Oh S**t" Moment

(FYI, I mean an actual oh s**t moment, involving real baby poop. You have been warned.)

Just as I finished cleaning up from lunch this afternoon, I noticed that Liam was over by the TV trying to pull all our DVDs off the shelf. (Again) As I made my way over to stop him I noticed a funny looking pile of something behind his butt. I leaned in closer and, yep, it was poop. It had seeped out the back of his diaper and up his back and then dripped onto the floor. The following is a synopsis of how I handle situations like this....

1. Curse a little....then, in the next breath, say (loudly and sincerely) "Thank you Jesus that this happened on the hardwood floor and not my new rug!"

2. Prepare for battle by promptly removing my trendy, drapey, cashmere cardigan (who was I kidding when I bought that?!) as I know that it could quickly become covered in baby poop.

3. Grab the camera to document this...

Because you either document to share with your husband (and blog land) and get a good laugh, or you might cry!

4. Carry the soiled child to the nearest tile floor and remove clothing CAREFULLY! Pat yourself on the back if you can remove his shirt without smearing poop in his hair. 

5. Do damage control with wipes and then haul ass to the nearest bathtub. 

Oh, and here is a tip. If you leave your camera out after documenting the poop incident, be aware that your oldest child may feel the need to take a few self portraits while you are cleaning up the youngest child. 



Yeah, that face pretty much says what I was thinking about this whole situation!

No comments: