Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Precious Angel


Last Friday night Wes, Noah and I went to some friends' house for dinner. We brought along Noah's favorite movie, Finding Nemo and we got 90 minutes of uninterrupted adult conversation. This picture is of him sitting quietly watching his movie like such a good boy. Doesn't he look like such a precious angel in this picture? He really does... well, looks can be deceiving.


Yesterday I put Noah down for his nap with little hope that he would actually sleep. He had slept until nine that morning and on the days when he sleeps that late he rarely takes a nap. But, desperate for some child free time, I put him in his crib with some books and went to eat my lunch in peace. He was surprisingly quiet for about a half an hour, but pretty soon after that he got bored "reading" and started to whine. When the whine turned into a full fledged scream I decided I would go get him and give up on nap time altogether.


Upon entering the room I noticed that his stuffed animals, blankets, and books were scattered in a crazy heap in his crib. I also saw something white stuffed in the corner of the crib. I leaned over to see what it was and was horrified to see that it was a diaper - the one he had been wearing when I put him down. One glance at Noah revealed him to be completely naked from the waist down. And then the most ridiculous part of all...the animals, the blankets, the books, the sheets, the wall, and the carpet around the crib were all soaked in urine. Yes, when he got bored, my son decided that it would be fun to take off his diaper and see how many things in his room he could soak. My only hope is that our next child might be a girl - I doubt a girl could be quite so adept at this particular little trick!

3 comments:

The Lovealls said...

Thank you for the window into what my future holds. I am laughing now but I am sure I wont be in a year! Thanks for the laugh! :)

Unknown said...

Let Noah know that his antics made me pee myself from laughing so hard...hose 'em if you got 'em!

Kelly Shealy said...

When Kelly told me what he did, I wanted to pee myself from lauging so hard, but the look in her eye made it very clear I shouldn't even crack a smile. Glad somebody else got to laugh about it! -Wes