Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good Times in Charlotte

This past weekend Wes had another conference in Charlotte and this time I went with him again. Except this time we left Noah here with Nana and Pops and set out for our first kid-free weekend in a long time. Let me tell you...it was everything I thought it could be!

Wes spent all day Friday at his conference while I met up with my sister and we headed to see our good friends Andrea and Baby Maggie. We all went to lunch - with Maggie, who in completely un-Noah like fashion sat quietly the whole time - and then Jess and I played with Maggie while Andrea went for some pampering at the salon. Maggie was so chill and cute and loved dancing to the ring tones on Jessie's phone.
That night Wes, Adam, and our friends Julie and Devin all joined us for pizza and beer and some Olympic viewing. Maggie had to go to bed but not before charming everyone with her cute smile!
After hanging out Wes and I headed back to Julie and Devin's, where we were staying for the weekend.

Saturday was my ultimate day of relaxation. Wes went to his conference (probably not his ultimate day of relaxation...) and I slept in. Then Julie and I had a leisurely breakfast and took her dog Maggie for a 5 mile walk. (That's right she has a Maggie too, but you can put this Maggie in a crate without worrying about it being considered abuse!)

Julie's neighborhood was great - full of beautiful parks and old houses and boutiques and restaurants. Someday I will leave good ol' suburbia and live someplace like this neighborhood! And don't worry, those boutiques I referenced, we didn't ignore them. The best part of the day was going shopping with my favorite shopping buddy (Julie) and relishing the quiet that was the result of the absence of my least favorite shopping buddy (Noah). That night, after Wes' conference, we all saw a movie and went to a great Mexican restaurant. Sunday was equally lazy and wonderful. I had intended to run 6 miles but totally blew it off without a bit of guilt. Wes and I had such a fun time hanging out with friends - and each other!

We got home Sunday night and Noah was very excited to see us! He was also very excited to see the new shoes that I brought him from my shopping excursion. He asked to wear them immediately and declared, "Oh, I like shoes!" That's right, the shoe obsession continues, but he is moving on to my shoes and Wes is not so sure it is cute anymore!

No comments: