Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Meet The Penguins



Yesterday Noah and I joined some friends at the South Carolina Aquarium to get a sneak peak at the new penguin exhibit. Our friend Clint works there and offered to let us look at them even though the exhibit is not officially open yet. (By the way, Noah was in awe that he gets to do that for his job!) Even more exciting was that Noah got to meet up with his friends to have an afternoon at the aquarium.

Kennedy and Noah playing at the start of our outing - double trouble!

Ellison, wondering why in the world you would run around like a crazy person when you could be relaxing with a delicious apple.


William, Ellison, Kennedy, and Noah waiting to see the penguins.

After going through the entire aquarium we finally made it back to see the penguins. Noah was very excited about seeing them but it quickly turned into frustration because he wanted them to be swimming and they weren't.

Finally one of the penguins must have gotten tired of his whining because he humored him and took a dive into the water to splash around.

Thanks little buddy!

As a bonus, Clint also let the kids pet one of the owls. Now, since I don't want to pass on my irrational fears to my children I got close enough to the bird to hold Noah's hand while he touched it. For having a completely out of control bird phobia I think I did pretty well.

After that we were very tired and it was time to head home. Bonus - we got stuck at the railroad crossing downtown and got to watch the train go by for like 10 minutes. I think it was Noah's perfect day!

No comments: