Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day




So this, my third Mother's Day, has definitely been more interesting than my first two. Why? Well, perhaps it's because my son is almost three and has quite the little personality these days.

This morning Wes made breakfast for me and his intention was to bring it to me in bed as a surprise and have Noah give me his card/present at the same time. However, with Noah, very little ever goes according to plan. Noah barged into my room this morning - I heard Wes yelling,"No, not yet, wait Noah" - and marched over to my bed and handed me my card. He had colored it himself so I made a big deal and thanked him of course. Now, these days Daddy is really Noah's favorite person (Father's Day will be much more anticipated this year) so he didn't really want crappy old Mom to keep his card.

"I'm bringin' this back to Daddy, ok?" I tried to explain that it was for me and how much I loved it but he kept insisting that he had to give it back to Wes. Finally, I grabbed it and said, "No, Noah it is Mommy's"

Well that pissed him off, so he slid off my bed and stomped to the kitchen to find Wes and yelled, "Daddy! Momma says I can't give this card back to you!"

I know, I know, you're really jealous of all the love I got, huh?

No, in all seriousness my husband and my son have been very sweet to me today and despite the card incident, I have received much love today. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

No comments: