Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Magic Beans

For the last several weeks we have had The Funk. I call it that because it is somewhere between a cold and a flu and a general feeling of ickiness. Noah got it first, then passed it to me, who then passed it to Wes. We have been doing a lot of this lately....


This week we are finally emerging from The Funk and joining the healthy world again. Actually, Noah has been over it for a week or so now and Wes only had it a few days. I was hit the hardest and actually broke down and went to the doctor on Monday, begging for anything she could give me to rid me of The Funk. I must have looked exceedingly pathetic because she prescribed me an antibiotic and a cough syrup that she assured me would knock me out completely for a good night's rest (score!). Of course, my good mood about the medicine only lasted as far as the Publix pharmacy counter.

Let me just tell you that I didn't know a good thing when I had it. Military insurance...awesome. Regular old insurance with a high deductible? Not so awesome. I won't tell you what I spent on that medicine, but suffice it to say that I could have had a very nice new pair of designer jeans. Or several pairs of shoes....sigh. Anyway, when I told me sister what I had spent on my miracle drugs she put it best when she said, "What is that stuff, f&%$ing magic beans?!"

Magic beans indeed. I laughed until I examined the pamphlet that came with my medicine. The column where there is a description of the medicine says it all.
See, even the pharmacist knew what that stuff was! Well, liquid gold or magic beans or whatever you want to call it, at least I am finally feeling better. It was worth it...although I would probably rather have had the designer jeans!

2 comments:

Julie Long said...

I ADORE YOU! You are just the cutest and your post made me laugh out loud! So, I leave you with this...get the jeans too! Love you!

Julie Long said...

I ADORE YOU! You are just the cutest! This post made me laugh out loud. My word of advice is: go ahead and get the jeans too (insert wes' eye roll). Love you!