Friday, June 26, 2009

Thomas, Live!

Last week my friend Julie called and informed me that Thomas and Friends Live was coming to Charlotte and did Noah and I want to come up and see it with her. Of course, I didn't have to twist Noah's arm and before I knew it, Tuesday rolled around, and we were off to Charlotte to see Julie, Devin, their dog Maggie, and, most importantly, a live stage performance of Thomas!


Here is Noah as we were leaving Julie's - trains in hand, ready to go, and very excited!

After a parking misadventure - suffice it to say that is seems Julie and I will never outgrow our ability to attract disaster and mayhem - we headed in to see the show. Noah held my hand the whole way, grinning and talking about seeing his most favorite little blue train.


And when we got there he was not disappointed. This is a 3 year old's paradise....


And this is what he looked like as he watched.....

Please ignore whatever is going on with my chin in this picture and focus on how cute Noah looks!

He loved the show and sat the whole time just mesmerized. He clapped and sang and laughed and every time a new train would come out he would scream excitedly, "It's James!" or "It's Gordon!" When it was over he was a little sad, and as we filed out of the arena he kept turning around to yell, "Bye Thomas!"

We had such a good time seeing the trains!

To top it all off, we got to stay at Julie's house and play with Maggie the doggie which Noah just loved. We spent the next morning lounging with Maggie while we watched our Disney cartoons. Noah kept petting her and saying, "She's so cute. I love Maggie."

Please notice Noah's souvenir Thomas shirt which he has insisted on sleeping in every night since we went.
I think it was his perfect trip!

No comments: