Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Park With Six Flags

Last weekend Noah and I packed up the car and braved the 5 hour drive to Atlanta to see my Mom. We made it there despite the fact that 5 hours turned into 6 and 1/2 hours due to crazy Atlanta traffic. All I will say about the car trip is this...turning around to pick up lost trains/change the DVD in the portable DVD player while whizzing past huge trucks at 75 miles an hour is not wise. Don't try it anytime soon.

Our main reason for going was that my Mom was taking us to Six Flags because they have a new addition to the park... Thomas Town.


The morning we left Noah came running into my room after Bebe got him up. He started punching me in my bed and saying, "Mama, wake up. We have to go see Thomas at the park with six flags on it!" Needless to say he was very excited. Thomas Town was our first stop when we got to the park. It was, however, all the way at the back so Noah very excitedly pointed out all the things that he wanted to do after Thomas. We almost didn't make those things because he really didn't want to leave Thomas town once we got there. We rode Thomas the train countless times, played on the playground, and stalked all the trains in the gift shop for a couple hours.

Noah and Bebe play on the playground with Bertie the Bus.

Riding in the coaches behind Thomas.

When we finally made it out of Thomas world I was pretty sure that the rest of the park would prove of little interest to Noah but he proved me wrong. He wanted to ride all sorts of things and was even brave enough to go on a ride all by himself.
Not the greatest angle, but you can see his little face peeking over the top of the plane. He was so brave and got all buckled in and waited for the ride to start all by himself, and then waved and smiled every time the plane circled around. It was soooo cute!
We ended up staying for 5 hours - a lot longer than I had predicted - and Noah finally agreed to leave when he got so tired that all he could do was be carried by me and put his head on my shoulder. As we left, he did announce that the next time he came he was going to ride a roller coaster. He meant it too!

No comments: