Monday, September 13, 2010

Soccer

Things have been moving at warp speed around our house lately. September rolled around and, BAM!, our schedule became jammed packed for some reason. One of the things making our weeks full right now is soccer. That's right folks, Noah has joined the world of organized team sports! He is playing on a 5 and under team through a program here in West Ashley. They practice on Mondays and have games on Saturdays.

His first game was this past Saturday morning. I am kind of ashamed to say I was not there. (I know, yikes!) I was on  a women's retreat at Windy Gap, a Young Life camp outside of Asheville. In my defense I wasn't aware when I signed up that it would conflict with his first game (or with the visit of our good friends the McKees - double yikes, really sorry I couldn't spend more time with them!) So anyway, Noah, Wes, Liam, the McKees, and Aunt J headed to the soccer field for the big game, all the while trying to forget about what a delinquent mother I am. (By the way, my weekend was awesome! I should have some fun pictures to put up soon!)

From what I can tell, Noah had a blast playing with his fellow Cheetahs (that's their team name). He didn't score but he sure did get excited when his teammates did. Wes said he got more tired from all the cheering he did on the sidelines than from actually running up and down the field.
See, look at the excitement after his fellow Cheetah scored!
Besides his mild confusion about where to be on the field (and some weird little hop-step move he uses) he is a pretty good little soccer player. (I am a little biased of course!) I can't wait to see him play at his game next Saturday!

PS....Thanks for all the wonderful picture taking Jess. You got some great action shots!

No comments: