Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Brain Dump

I have a million things running through my head right now that I would like to post about. One of the blogs that I read (okay, one of the ones that I STALK) is written by a girl who always refers to these kinds of posts as "brain dumps". So, there is your fair warning. This is a brain dump.

Where to begin? Okay, this past weekend was pretty awesome. First of all, my Mom came to town, and along with my sister, joined us for a family photo shoot. We headed downtown for an "urban shoot" and spent several hours goofing around while having our pictures taken. (I felt a bit like a celebrity, being followed around by two photographers!) I just viewed the final product online and they are so good! I am going to have the hardest time choosing what to order. I wish I could post some here but I don't own the rights to them (drat!). However, you can look at my facebook pictures and see a few that the photographer tagged for me. If anyone in Charleston is looking for a photographer you should definitely check out John and Jamie at How Time Flies Photography. (http://www.howtimefliesphotography.com/ ) They did such an great job and were a blast to work with!

Also, while my Mom was here to watch the kiddos, Wes surprised me with a night downtown! We checked into the Vendue Inn and spent a relaxing, kid-free night. Dinner at Carolina's, walking around downtown and un-interrupted conversations can't be beat. It was so nice to get to spend some time just the two of us. We are so busy these days that we almost never get to do that anymore!

So, what else? Oh yeah, my four old is the cutest! Seriously, he is constantly amazing me with the stuff he says and does. He can count to 20 in Spanish, he knows all the words to the songs on the Glee, Vol. 1 soundtrack (he's partial to "Don't Stop Believing"), and every now and then he threatens to break my heart right in half. For instance, take the other night. When he saw the flyers for Operation Christmas Child while we were eating at Moe's. After Wes explained what it was to him, and he started thinking about how horrible it would be to have no toys, he announced that he wanted to make a box with toys to give to a little boy. I thought that was so sweet but was speechless when I realized he didn't mean he wanted to buy the toys. No, he came home, went straight to his room, and started gathering up his own toys. Not just the B list stuff either. We're talking Thomas trains, dinosaurs, cars, books. He put them all in a pile and said they were for the little boy who has no toys. I just wanted to grab him and hug him and thank him for being so sweet!

And last but not least, Liam. Otherwise known as Chunk, the boy who has no clothes that fit him cause he is HUGE! He is a solid 17 pounds, has one tooth (and is working on another), and can almost sit up on his own. And, oh yeah, has a smile that makes my heart melt!

That's all for now. Next time I hope to have some new pictures to make up for you having to listen to my rambling brain dump!

***And just in case you are wondering...that blog that I stalk read is http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/  It is a really fun blog and if you check it out you just might become a stalker too!

No comments: