Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Six Months

Today was Liam's 6 month check-up, and (cue the drum roll), he weighs........18 pounds!


Seriously?! I mean that does explain why my arms/shoulders/back ache at the end of every day. Also, Noah did not weigh 18 pounds until he was 1 year old.

Other than his adorable chunkiness, it was a pretty low-key visit. He got a few shots but he only screamed for about a half a second before I told him to suck it up buttercup. (I seriously said that and the nurse gave me an odd look, but come on folks! The pain of a shot lasts, like, a second. And its for his own good, and its not like he's being tortured. Lest you think I am heartless, I totally scooped him up afterwards and gave him a big hug and then he was back to smiling like usual.) I digress.

At six months Liam is.....
  • Almost sitting up by himself.
  • Rolling every which way across the floor. No more unsupervised time spent on furniture!
  • Eating fruits and vegetables. (Well, he loves pears and sweet potatoes anyway, and is working on others.)
  • Passing toys from hand to hand and grabbing at everything. (Mostly whatever food is on the table in front of me.)
  • Laughing all the time - and making very distinct squealing noises to get people's attention.
We cannot believe how fast time is flying with this little guy. I feel like I just had him but then I look down and see this little person and it is so amazing!

No comments: