Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Mid Summer Report

I feel like all I ever do on the blog anymore is dump out the last 2 weeks worth of photos from my phone in order to get caught up on what we have done. So, here we go again. The following pics are from my phone and they include all last week - 4th of July and the following weekend.






We had a fun fourth, as usual!

 It is hotter than the 7th layer of hell here in Charleston so our standard activities involve either water or air conditioning. And I am not sure why I bother to shower or wear make up. It only takes 3 and half seconds to start sweating when you walk outside. In fact, the heat is so oppressive I have even started waking up early to run. (I know, that is so not like me!) It is just too dangerously hot to run anytime after 7am. However, I have actually been enjoying my early morning pavement pounding. It has provided some much needed moments of solitude and peace and just time to think. You know, before all the "Hey Mama I need...(fill in the blank)" demands starting dominating my day.

There is so much I feel like I could write about on here right now. I have a million things I would love to "talk" about. I am working on getting my thoughts together for some future blog posts that might have a little more depth than just, "Oh its hot and we are going to the pool." But for now, its off to the store and to do more cleaning. My Mom comes to town tonight. She is here to get married! On Friday she and her fiance will have a small ceremony with their children and their families. So the next few days will be filled with fun wedding activities and time with family.

Thank goodness I have my little helpers to assist me in getting the house ready.


Noah's glass cleaning skills leave a lot to be desired, but I love that he wants to help. And I love even more that he wants to do it wearing nothing but his Angry Birds underwear. I told you it was hot here!



No comments: