Friday, May 24, 2013

Summertime, Summertime....

....Sum, Sum, Summertime!!

It's here folks! School is out (well for me and Liam), and the hot weather and excessive humidity are in full swing, and I could not be happier.

In case you were wondering, this is what summer in the lowcountry looks like. Well, this is what it looks like if you just ran 3 miles at 9am pushing a double stroller in the blazing sun.

Photo credit: Liam Shealy

Before I start waxing on about our grand plans for the coming months let me back up a bit. Wednesday was Noah's 7th birthday. (WTF?! 7? Wasn't he just born?) We celebrated with his friends a bit early the weekend before with a party at Monkey Joe's. He and Liam both loved playing on the all the jump castles, and Wes in particular loved being dragged into every structure by a clingy Liam.






On Wednesday the 22nd (his real birthday) Noah celebrated again. Bebe and Liam delivered cupcakes to his class at lunch, and stayed to eat with him which he got a big kick out of. (Also, Liam promptly had a complete meltdown in the middle of the cafeteria when Noah had to go back to class, screaming "I don't want to leave my 'brudder'!" At first I was sad that it was my last day of work, complete with graduation ceremony that I had to attend, and that I couldn't be there with Noah. Now I'm thinking I may have dodged a bullet!)

That evening the whole family came over to the house for presents and cookie cake. Noah had a blast seeing everyone and getting to play with his new Legos and video games. Oh, and the adults may or may not have had a little too much fun when we took the boys outside to play with their bubbles ;)




All in all, Noah had a very great birthday week!

And now it is Memorial Day weekend and we are going to kick off the season right! We are headed to Freshfields tonight for the start of the Friday night summer concert series. I see the pool and some serious relaxing in our future for this long holiday weekend.

Which is good 'cause come Tuesday morning I will want to take up drinking for real when I have to start potty training Liam. Please observe the text I sent Wes yesterday...


For serious, I am expecting some sort of compensation for dealing with whats about to go down next week.

Hope everybody has a fun and safe holiday weekend!!

No comments: