Monday, May 13, 2013

My Mother's Day

I had to take a minute to recap our Mother's Day weekend. It was so very relaxing that I had a difficult time getting my head back into the daily routine this morning!

First of all, Wes had the whole weekend off which always make things seem a little easier. We spent Saturday going to Noah's soccer game and doing some yard work and house work - getting all the chores out of the way so that we could enjoy Sunday.

Sunday started out with the boys coming into my room to wake me with huge grins on their faces. (They get as excited about gift giving as I do!) They each gave me a card, and then I opened my gift. It was the clutch that I had been eyeing for a while and had "encouraged" Wes to consider as my Mother's Day gift!

Later that morning we meant my family to have brunch up in Summerville.


We enjoyed some yummy food and good company at the Mustard Seed. On the way out I wanted to snap some pictures so we stopped in front of the restaurant for a little photo session.


At this point I should probably mention that Liam is not the most cooperative for picture taking. In fact, he has this weird thing where he will often refuse to face the camera at all. Case in point....


After five minutes of trying to convince him to turn around I just said, "Forget it! Take the picture with him facing the wall." So we did. He snapped out of it long enough to jump in for a picture with Wes...Or so I thought. Would you please take a look at the face he is making?!



Sigh. That kid is so weird sometimes.

After brunch Wes, the boys and I headed to the beach! It was our first beach trip of the season (as it was only the third warm day of the season) and we had so much fun. Despite Noah's disappointment at the water being too cold to swim, we spent the afternoon enjoying soaking up the sun and building sandcastles. And I got to lay on a towel while Wes played with the boys which is really the best present a mom could ask for! And don't worry, Liam didn't want to pose for a group picture at the beach either. But he sure was happy waving around his shovels!



We finished our day off with dinner on the back porch, and then Wes put the boys to bed while I got to read downstairs. It was just what I needed in the midst of these busy weeks. I had the best time just enjoying time with my 3 favorite boys. I love them all so much - even that little one who does the opposite of everything I say ;)

No comments: