Friday, March 14, 2008

Time is Flying!

I realize that we have been very bad about updating our blog. In fact I had a special request this morning from my friend Julie to please update it so, here we go!

Speaking of Julie I will start by telling you about her wedding. I flew to San Diego at the end of February to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and it was so much fun! Both Julie and her husband Devin have great groups of friends (and family) who made their wedding weekend really special. The rehearsal dinner was awesome - great Mexican food and margaritas! - and the reception was beautiful. Cocktails, dinner, and lots of dancing. Plus,it was kind of nice for me to have a whole weekend kid free. I slept in a huge king size hotel bed without having to keep one ear open for the kiddy whine that turns into a scream - it was very nice! While I was in San Diego Wes was in Charlotte at an eye conference and stayed with our friends the McKees. He got to spend quality time with Baby Maggie and I am very jealous, as I still have not met her! He did take some pictures of her (she is adorable!) but we are still having camera trouble so you can click on our link to the McKee blog to see pictures of Maggie - Noah's future girlfriend!

Speaking of Noah, he is doing really well. He has just recently had a huge burst in his communication skills which makes my life easier and him a lot happier. His new favorite thing to do is to color (if you can call it that) in his Finding Nemo coloring book. We have to flip through every page and name all the characters. His other favorite thing to do is go for our afternoon walks with Baby Sydney and her mom Claire. Sydney is his first crush as far as I can tell. He loves seeing her and he always gives her hugs and kisses (with remarkably un- Noah -like gentleness). Whenever we are in the vicinity of her house he says, "Sydney, play Sydney?" I think he will be very upset when we move in May.

Noah giving Sydney a kiss!

And here is a running update for those of you who care. Wes and I are deep into double digit runs on the weekends and it is not all fun and games! Our first 10 mile run was a disaster. Lets just say we got lost, had a huge fight, and one of us had an emotional breakdown - all while running! It was not pretty! But, we redeemed ourselves this past weekend with our second 10 miler. We stayed on course, did not fight, and finished in 1 hour and 50 minutes! You can think of us this Saturday as we go for 12 miles - our last long run before the half marathon in 2 weeks. Time is just flying for us right now - it will be time to go to Charleston before we know it!

2 comments:

The Lovealls said...

Thanks for the updated...i was waiting for one! :) Chat soon! :)

McKee said...

Noah, we'll be sure not share this posting with Maggie for I am sure it will break her heart.

Wes and Kelly, I am glad that you guys managed to find you way home. Maybe on you next long run you should wear a tracking device :).