Monday, July 21, 2008

Long Summer Days

Not much is going on with us Shealys. I have been wondering what to post about because we are seriously very boring right now! Wes has been working - a lot - and Noah and I have been enjoying the long summer days. We usually make it outside in the morning and again in the evening because it is definitely too hot to be out during the middle of the day.

The most exciting thing to happen in my life is the new addition to our garage....my new bike! It was an early birthday present that I got so I could have a way to cross train on my non-running days. I'm not very good at riding it yet - oh, I'm fine going in a straight line but throw in a hairpin turn and things get a little shaky. (In fact the other day I crashed into a curb in the back of my neighborhood...thank goodness its all empty houses back there and nobody saw how ridiculous I looked!) It is a good workout though. Riding is fun because it feels so easy but at the end I take off my helmet, get off the bike, and am surprisingly sweaty and tired.

Wes and I have both been trying to run a lot too. We want to run another half marathon in the fall/early winter and are trying to work back up to some longer runs. I surprised myself by running 5 miles in 43 minutes yesterday so I have high hopes for improving my race times!

Noah is also enjoying all these outdoor activities. He LOVES to be outside. It's funny because we take him to the park and try to get him to play on the playground but he much prefers to head to the running trails and go on "nature walks". He collects rocks and points out all the animals he sees. He can go forever too....a couple miles at a time which seems like a lot for a 2 year old! Maybe that explains why his little legs are solid muscle (bye bye baby fat!). Anyway, I think he is in for a rude awakening this fall when the days get shorter and colder and we can't spend all this time outside. Or maybe its me who's in for the rude awakening...how on earth will I ever entertain him?!

Well, like I said we are boring right now - if you made it all the way through this post you are a very loyal blog reader and I promise to provide something more exciting next time!

1 comment:

The Lovealls said...

I want to see picures of the house, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

PS- Great job on the speedy run, you go girl! :)
~Emily