Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I must be a really good Mom......

Those of you that know me well, know that I have many pet peeves. High up on my list - along with my husband leaving his papers all over my kitchen counter, and people who stand too close to me in line at the store- is singing children. I know, I know, its totally ridiculous but I hate the cheesy sound of a chorus of singing children belting out sappy songs. Don't ask...I know I am weird!

Anyway, our church is doing a children's Christmas program for preschoolers and Noah is making an attempt to be a part of it. Now, don't get me wrong, watching those kids stand in a line (sort of) while trying to remember the words and not fidget and screaming the words to their favorite part is hysterical! The bad part is listening to the CD of the program with Noah to help him learn the songs. The most convenient way to do that is in the car and I am sad to report that for the last several days I have logged many miles listening to small children singing the "Jesus" version of Mary Had A Little Lamb. The only thing getting me through is the fact that Noah loves it, and totally sings along which should be helpful if he does indeed join in for the Christmas performance. But, I tell you what. I am reaching my limit...that CD may "accidentally" get stepped on very soon.

I have told Wes that I deserve a medal for this but that an extra Christmas present or two will probably pacify me.

2 comments:

The Balls said...

i am SO with you!! i've found that screaming the songs [with the kids] and having people in the neighboring cars stare at you, like you're crazy, makes it even better! do they not see the carseats in the back?! i drive a minivan...what do they think i have in the back???

Kelly Shealy said...

You are cracking me up Hannah! Glad to know you feel the same though...and glad to know I have a new thing to do while i am in the car listening to that music - look for you singing in your minivan! ;)