Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wes Turns 30!

So, I have been very behind on my blogging lately. I am just now getting to Wes's birthday almost a week late!

Wes turned the big 3-0 last Thursday and to celebrate we had his family over for dinner, cake, and presents. I made Mexican (Wes's favorite) and we enjoyed a lovely meal. Ah, who am I kidding....we enjoyed our meal until Noah took a bite of something he didn't like and intentionally made himself throw up so he didn't have to keep the undesirable food in his body. Happy Birthday honey! After the throwing up incident people were anxious to get up from the table so we moved into the living room to open presents - always my favorite part, even when they're not mine! Obviously they are Noah's favorite part too. He was Wes's little helper the whole time.


I think he just enjoyed playing with the wrapping....



In other news, I am finally running again! Last Friday evening Wes and I joined people from our church to run and pray through Park Circle. Our church is actually relocating to this area soon and our pastor started a Run/Pray time where members from our congregation run through different areas of Park Circle and pray as we go. I had been wanting to join in ever since he started but had to wait for my foot to get the all clear. It was the most perfect first run back...focusing on other people, running through brand new places in the dark. Hearing mainly just our little group's light footfalls as we ran through the neighborhoods of the people we hope will join us in worship someday. Even as we "crossed the tracks" in the dark I was not bothered in the least.Somehow it did not feel like we were going through "unsafe" areas. We simply ran and prayed!

And, finally, Noah is now seeing his girlfriend Clayton on a pretty regular basis. He had her over for a dinner/play date the other night.
I reminded him that it is a good thing she is two and still dazzled by peanut butter sandwiches and milk!

1 comment:

Seth said...

Happy Birthday Wes! I didn't know you were that old. Just Kidding. Seth.