Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Oh, here come the meat sweats!"



That was what Jessie had to say tonight after our bountiful meal! But wait, I am getting ahead of myself.....

Our Thanksgiving started pretty early this year. We woke up and headed downtown for the Turkey Trot 5k. Jess and my Mom watched Noah while Wes and I ran the race.



A few thoughts. If you ever run a race of any distance and are in possession of any of the following: a baby jogger, an eight year old child, an 87 year old man, a bum knee, or Dolce and Gabana sunglasses - PLEASE go to the back of the line!

Anyway the race was really fun and Noah had a great time running around making friends - as usual.


Noah helps Wes and me warm up.


Wes comes through the finish chute. My sister tried to get one of me but there were like, 5000 people running so, you know.....


We tried to get Noah to pose for a group photo but he was unwilling to stop running for even one second!



We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and cooking. Noah went down for a nap. Or so we thought...



What is that on his face you ask? Don't worry, it's moisturizer!




Finally it was time for our meal and it was everything we thought it could be!



Wes finishes cooking the turkey to perfection.


Bebe and Noah wait for some yummy food.




Happy Thanksgiving...and remember, you are what you eat!

No comments: