Friday, January 9, 2009

Reason #835 Why My Son is Weird.....

Today I am watching my friend Ashley's little boy, Knox. He is almost a year older than Noah so he is better at sharing etc, but all in all they play pretty well together. Plus, Noah is super excited to have him over to play. Well, a little bit ago, I found Knox in the downstairs hallway playing intently with some race cars. Something that is usually Noah's favorite thing to do, but Noah was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is Noah?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders, fully engrossed in the race cars. Then I heard Noah yell,

"I'm right here Mama!" I looked up the stairs to see him walking down the hallway carrying a huge strand of colored Christmas lights to the guest room.

"I'm just movin' these lights Mama!" I stood staring as he deposited the lights, walked back to the box that is supposed to already be in the attic, and grabbed some more lights to bring to the guest room.

"Yep, I just movin' these lights for you, okay!"

Why, oh why, is he not playing cars with his friend?

I really, really wonder about him sometimes.

No comments: