Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Big Girl

Last night Noah and I headed to the gym to meet Daddy so that Wes and I could get in our scheduled run. Noah played in the nursery and Wes and poured out some sweat on the treadmill and then we all headed home. (Rockin' Friday night...don't be too jealous.)

So, we get home and obviously all need to shower but it is almost Noah's bedtime. Wes suggested that instead of doing bath, Noah could just join him in the shower (his new favorite thing is to take a shower). Noah got very excited at that prospect and squealed, "We all takin' a shower!"

I informed him that the shower was too little for all of us to fit. Wes said, "Just Noah and Daddy tonight, little man."

Noah walked down the hallway with a contemplative look on his face. Finally he turned and pointed at me.

"Mama's a big girl."

I started to smile and say, yes a I'm a big girl and will take a shower all by myself. But he wasn't done yet.

"Mama's a big girl, she not fit in the shower."

Gee, thanks man.

2 comments:

The Balls said...

haha - don't you just love their kind compliments?! kennedy would always give me a hug & then smoosh my belly & say, "i love your squishy belly!" awwww, thanks, kennedy.

McKee said...

Kelly, I just want you to know that I read this out loud to everyone visiting with us in the hospital and we are all hold our sides so that they don't bust from laughter.