Monday, February 16, 2009

The Pirate Park



Today Noah and I joined some friends for an outing to the Pirate Park on Daniel Island. It has a giant pirate ship to play on so I'm sure that's where the name comes from. Noah had so much fun running around with Clayton and Hannah. He did all the "big boy" slides and the three of them had a blast on the tire swing.


A couple funny Noah anecdotes.....

First, I don't think that I have to worry about him sticking up for himself. Today, he was seated at the top of the slide ready to go down when an older boy, who has an impatience problem, pushed him down the slide. Of course I started to step in to scold him for pushing but I didn't have to say anything at all. Noah stood up, brushed the sand off his butt, put his hands on his hips, and yelled, "Hey! You DON'T push me!" I was quite proud.

Afterwards, while we were eating lunch, Clayton's Mom, Jan, was asking the kids what their favorite part of the playground was. The girls both responded with answers like, the slide, the swings. Then she asked Noah what he liked the best.

"I liked the trains."

Umm, there are no trains at the Pirate Park. As usual, off in his own world.

No comments: