Friday, November 27, 2009

Dear Thanksgiving....



.....I want to apologize. For all the years of my youth that you went as an under appreciated holiday. When you were merely a pit stop to be endured on the way to Christmas. When I didn't realize how wonderful you were. How could I have overlooked all you great attributes? Turkey and dressing, sweet potatoes, all the many casseroles, and let's not forget the most important, pumpkin pie! I humbly apologize and promise to fully appreciate you from now on!

Okay, maybe I enjoyed it so much this year because I am a hungry pregnant women or something, I don't know, but our Thanksgiving meal was fantastic! The Shealy family came to our house this year and we enjoyed a smorgasbord of yummy dishes. I cooked all afternoon which, despite my dislike of cooking in general, was kind of fun, maybe because it's a once a year thing! Noah spent the whole day enjoying himself and talking excitedly about how he loved watching the circus. (To be clear: he means the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. No matter how many times I told him otherwise he insisted it was a circus. He kept saying, "I wish I could be in the circus!") He was very excited to have everyone at his house and he even stopped running around long enough to pose for a few family pics....



...well, by "posed" I mean was man-handled by his parents for the 12 seconds it took to take the pictures. See...



Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgivings....and as Noah is now saying, "It's time for Christmas!"

No comments: