Thursday, December 10, 2009

"But I Don't Want A Brother!"

These were the words that Noah screamed in the waiting room of my Ob/Gyn yesterday after our 22 week ultrasound. Yes folks, that means we are having...another boy!

Poor Noah had his heart set on a little sister. Over the past several weeks he has become extremely adamant that we have a girl baby. (And also increasingly opposed to the idea of a boy baby.) Well, needless to say he was not happy about the news we received yesterday, and may still be in denial as he refuses to talk about it when we bring it up with him. He simply states, "But I don't want a brother" and then proceeds to change the subject. It's all pretty funny!

Wes and I are very excited. We were really fine with it either way, but we think it will be so much fun to have another (crazy?) little boy running around the house. I love being a Mom to a boy and, despite his protestations, I think it will be fun to watch Noah bond with a brother. So, that's about it for now. I wish I had a supercool ultrasound picture to post but I don't. In fact we were lucky we even got a glimpse of our baby's "junk" at all. The kid is still in a breech position and apparently that makes it really hard to get a good view of anything. We didn't even get any good face pictures - just a 2 second flash of penis that ruined Noah's day!

No comments: