Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sickness and the King of Dormir


The above picture pretty much sums up our family's feelings about the last 5 days.

We have been hit, and hit hard, by some random flu-like virus. Body aches, chills, fever, cough, congestion. Yep, all those wonderful symptoms have shown up at our house.

It started with Noah on Thursday and over the weekend spread to me and Liam. Finally last night Wes was taken down as well. I tell you what, I have a new found appreciation for the fact that my family is, for the most part, a pretty healthy bunch. I can count on one hand the number of times that Noah has been this sick. (I am sure that is because of his excellent diet, right? Peanut butter must be a super food!)

Anyway, I hoping that we are all on the mend. We have a fresh supply of antibiotics and cough syrup and so hopefully the boys will be feeling better (and sleeping better!) soon. Because let me tell you, three nights in a row of no sleep is draining when you're healthy. Neither one of them have been able to sleep because of the coughing and congestion. Wes has literally slept while sitting up holding Liam and I have been in and out of Noah's room every 30 minutes because of all his moaning and thrashing.  Finally, yesterday, Wes rigged up a place for Liam in a our bed.


Being propped up on pillows seemed to help him a lot. We laugh every time we look at him though. He looks ridiculous all propped up like the King of Sheba. Or, as Wes has been calling him, the "King of Dormir". (We really like to speak a mangled version of Spanish in our house!)

So here's to hoping we all feel better soon. And to being thankful that the germs hit before Christmas and not during!

No comments: