Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dear Liam...

As of Friday, April 15th, you are one. ONE!!! As Noah has been saying, "He is not big enough to be one." I feel the same way bud! It seems like just yesterday I met you and you looked like this...


                And now you look like this... no longer a baby, on your way to little boy.


We celebrated you turning one by having a little family celebration on Friday night. Uncle Cy, Aunt Carissa, and Gemma were there.


                                                            As were Nana and Pops.


And of course,  Aunt J. She wouldn't have missed her Chunky's party for anything! (I am still scared she may make good on her threat of grabbing you and heading for Canada one day).  Since you are only one  and don't understand all the ritual surrounding birthdays just yet, Aunt J and Noah helped you blow out the candles on your cake.


Oh, and speaking of your cake. I ordered one from Publix - because they are so good - and requested it in the shape of the number one. Long story short, my friend Katy picked it up for me Friday afternoon while she was out and dropped it off to me. She had verified that the name was spelled correctly and everything so I thanked her and went to put the cake in the fridge. Good thing I snuck a peek cause it looked like this....


That is most definitely a backwards one! I called Katy and told her about it and we had a good laugh. She asked if I was going to take it back but I was too scared that I didn't really have enough time to get another one and its not like it was inedible or anything. "You just paid $30 for a backwards one!" she told me. I know, but now we always remember the birthday where Liam had the wonky cake.

The good news is that is tasted delicious and there was no mess up with the smash cake. That was just perfect. Liam, buddy, you totally went for it with that smash cake!









After the bath you opened your presents. What I mean by that is Noah and I opened your presents while you crawled around examining random bits of paper and packaging. No matter. You were happy exploring and you would have thought it was your brother's birthday by how excited he was to unwrap your gifts. Win-win for everyone!





 So, now you are a big boy Liam. We love you so much sweet boy and are so grateful that one year ago you came into our lives to complete our family!


1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Happy Bday Liam!! I meant to tell you to email that photo of the cake to the website cakewrecks.blogspot.com. Have you ever looked at it? Your cake definitely qualifies.