Wednesday, April 20, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

This may be a bit of a random post, but today I am going to talk about things I have been loving lately. Here goes.

#1 ~  Twizzlers. Seriously, I cannot get enough of this yummy candy. I don't even want to know what they are made of or how many calories are in them. And I have lost count of how many I have eaten in the last month. Oh, and they go really well with a nice cold can of chemicals - aka, Diet Coke, my best friend.

#2 ~ The fact that Liam finally decided to eat solid foods. He was in this weird stage where he wanted nothing to do with baby food but was still choking and gagging on "real" food. I was going a little crazy wondering if he was going to just waste away when, lo and behold, about a week ago he just started eating! Cantelope, avocado, turkey, grapes, turkey bacon, chicken, french fries (well, he's been doing that awhile) and almost anything that I have on my plate that he wants to try. Here is a picture I snapped at Chik-Fil-A last friday of him chowing down on some of Noah's kid's meal.


#3 ~ Barre Evolution. I signed up for these classes at a studio over in Mt. Pleasant in the hopes of doing something to improve my overall strength. Well, let me tell you I think we have a winner. The class is like a combo of pilates/yoga/ballet barre work with some good old fashioned things like squats and push-ups thrown in for good measure. It is one solid hour of hurt - but in the good way! I can easily see myself becoming addicted so I may have to start buying lottery tickets so that I can have a financial windfall and afford all the classes I want to take.

#4 ~ Whole Foods. Let me tell you, I had gotten to the point where I HATED grocery shopping. The mere thought of going to Publix yet again made me throw up in my mouth. But Whole Foods? Well, lets just say that whoever is behind the marketing or merchandising or whatever you want to call it is a genius! The produce section makes me so happy every time I walk in. And they have coffee, and gelato, and all manner of awesome prepared foods just waiting for me so I can even eat while I shop. All organic and pesticide free of course. So I can feed my family the right things and feel all virtuous at the same time. And let's face it, if the only way that I could get all that wholesome, chemical free food was to shop at some random market that smelled of patchouli and was run by an aging hippie named Sunshine then you can bet that my family would probably just ingest pesticide. (Relax! I said probably.) Oh, and according to Wes, "Everyone there is really cute!" He's right. I get tons of fashion inspiration from my fellow yuppy shoppers. In all seriousness though, it has been good. Noah is even interested in all the fruits and veggies and wants to help me pick things out. (Something he never wanted to do in our previous store, with the mediocre produce.)


#5 ~ And speaking of Noah, my last favorite thing would be titled, "All the crazy things that come out of  Noah's mouth".  For instance, in the above picture he is holding a cucumber which he insisted was a pickle. He kept saying in his loudest voice, "Mama, I will hold the pickle!" I kept shushing him cause I feared the judgement of all the other wholesome food consumers whose kids were sure to know the basics of produce at a very early age. But no amount of convincing made him call it anything other than a pickle. What else?.... Oh yeah, he still calls a propeller a "crapeller" and he calls the baby monitor the "thermometer" and the other day he put his arms up in the classic bicep curl and announced that he had "Muscle Sprouts"! My favorite though was yesterday morning when I was hurrying him along on our way out the door and he stopped, put his hands on his hips, and said "Oh Mama! With you it's always rush, rush, rush!"

So that's it friends. In no particular order, those are all the things that make me smile these days!

No comments: