Wednesday, May 4, 2011

12 Month Stats

I am obviously a bit behind on my blogging. Like, for instance, the fact that Liam had his 1 year doctor's appointment 2 weeks ago and I am just now getting around to posting about it. In my defense I was super busy last week. I was doing really important things like taking care of my kids, cleaning my house, working out, laundry, watching the Royal Wedding, etc. There was no time for blogging!


So, on to Liam. He is one year old (plus 2 weeks). He weighs 22 pounds (40th percentile) and is 29 inches (50th percentile). He has 10 teeth, a really awesome mullet, and he is quickly loosing all his baby fat as he moves around more and more. Speaking of moving....He can walk - a little. He has taken up to 7 steps at a time but quickly loses patience with how slow he is and reverts to crawling. I can't blame him I guess. He can be across the house (or all the way up the stairs!) in 30 seconds flat if he crawls.

He can say, Dada, Mama, aw dun (all done), and nynynyny! (No no no no!) No is probably his favorite word. It is usually accompanied by a furious shaking of the head and a "throw down". Throwing down involves him dramatically flopping his head forward to the ground while screaming. He will do it anywhere, even hardwood floors, but the best was when he 'threw down' in the bathtub and was really surprised - and then angry -  about almost drowning himself.

He loves his brother, playing with cars, throwing things, and being outside. Also, he is now only drinking milk (which our checkbook is thankful for - bye formula!) but we have not fully committed to the sippy cup yet. Liam is even more independent than his brother and way more curious too. At one year he is definitely keeping us on our toes!

No comments: