Wednesday, September 21, 2011

10 Reasons I Suck At Blogging

So I have been a little slack with the blog lately. Here are my excuses in random order....

#10 - Ever since school started we have been very busy BUT not very interesting. I just don't feel like anything I am doing is especially blog worthy. (Apparently that is not going to stop from boring you with it now. Sorry.) I mean, do any of you really want to hear me whine about how long carpool line takes in the afternoon or complain about the fact that my house in a constant state of mess? No? I didn't think so.

#9 - My house is in a constant state of MESS! Seriously, I will clean up something and 5 minutes later it has turned to a disaster all over again. I know the culprit - it is Hurricane Liam. Now I just have to figure out how to contain him so that my house doesn't look like a toy store threw up all over it.

#8 - Soccer season has begun! (I am way too excited about this by the way. I will, again, express fear of what will happen when Noah ever plays real competitive sports. I will be THAT mom, I just know it.) We have practice one night a week and a game on Saturdays, which isn't that bad except that Wes is working for half the Saturday games so I end up trying to cheer for Noah while also keeping an eye on my little hurricane. Not an easy feat, but strapping him in the stroller with an endless supply of gummy snacks seems to be working for me so far.


Here is a picture of Noah and his teammate Matthew on the playground after their last game. (A win and 3 goals from Noah by the way!) Noah is thrilled that his team gets to wear his absolute favorite color - "dark blue" - and he is loving running up and down the field, going after that ball and scoring goals!

#7 - I helped throw a baby shower for my friend Katy last week. It was pretty low key - cocktails and hors d'ourves - which is my kind of baby shower. I am quite proud of how my first attempt at making Cake Pops turned out.



And I was obsessed with the great napkins that Tamera found for the shower.



Why is it that alcohol kills brain cells but not fat cells? and Living the minivan dream respectively! Love it!

Here is a picture of the hostesses with the guest of honor.


#6 - Wes and I have a new nightly ritual. We have been watching through all the seasons of the show Weeds on Netflix.... Love. It. Throw in a glass of red wine and some dark chocolate with sea salt (my new favorite dessert) and I am in heaven. Of course, we are almost done with season 6 and don't have Showtime so we won't be able to watch season 7 so I am not too happy about that!

#5 - Carpool line. I wasn't going to go into it, but I will give you the condensed version. Take a school with lots of kids, add in the fact that about 80% of them are picked up by their minivan driving, stay at home mom, and you get a car line that lasts forever. Seriously, I get there about 2:40 and don't leave until about 3:30. Liam just loves sitting in the car for that long. (Thank goodness for those gummy snacks, huh?) I am very grateful for the fact that we have worked out a carpool system with some friends and we don't have to sit in the dreaded line every week.

#4 - I am trying to be better about cooking dinner. By this I mean, planning ahead of time so that it is actually ready at dinner time and Wes and I aren't stuck eating quesadillas at 9pm for the third night in a row. I do not naturally like to be in the kitchen so I am working on my culinary skills, but it is worth it to be eating healthy, fresh foods. ( I am working on composing a whole post on food but there is a lot of information in my head right now so I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.)

#3 - The eighty-five million classes I have signed up for. Not really - although Wes may feel like eighty-five million is an accurate number - it's more like 2 or 3 a week but that is still a bit of a time suck. Walking out your front door to go for a run is a lot more time efficient than having to drive to a fancy yoga studio downtown. (Another whole post on that soon as well because the people watching has been exceptional!)

#2 and #1 - Noah and Liam. Nuff said.


These two keep me on my toes that's for sure. Noah has homework (in Kindergarten!) and getting a 5 year old who has been sitting still all day to sit still for another 40 minutes for homework is quite the challenge. Especially when Liam is bored and doing all he can do to get my attention. Usually Wes walks in the door to dinner half cooked on the stove with me running frantically between the kitchen and dining room helping Noah write rows of capital T's and keeping Liam from pulling the wine bottles out of the wine rack.


This is the state that Liam is usually in at that time of day.... teetering on the edge of full on meltdown. Oh, and what is that he is wielding in that picture you ask?


Just the toy knife from the dress up bin, that's all. He loves toting that thing around - and stabbing people with it - and scares me at least 3 times a day, as it is a very realistic representation of a knife.

Welcome to my life folks!

No comments: