Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Friday!

This morning as Noah was getting in the car to go to school this is what he said to me,

"Mama, will you organize my room today?"

Huh?

"You know, will you organize it? Put everything in the right place and stuff like that!"

Not only does he think I am his personal maid, but he also assumes I am dumb enough to not know the definition of the word "organize". Wes, very wisely, threw the car in reverse and they hurried along to school before I could come running out to the car in my pajamas to inform Noah that I did indeed know the meaning of the word "organize".

Then I walked inside to find Liam on his hands and knees in front of the couch, pulling old  Fruit Loops from underneath and eating them. I am thinking maybe I should be "organizing" my living room instead.

Oh boy am I glad it's Friday. We have had another busy week that flew by without me getting half the things done that I wanted to get done. I did manage to snap a few pictures of the boys doing homework the other day.


Noah gets all his homework at the beginning of the week and we have until Friday to get it done. I usually try to have him finished by Wednesday because by the last part of the week he is so tired and cranky that doing homework becomes quite the battle. This was Monday and he was feeling fresh and therefore was super excited about doing his homework. He had to write a sentence with the word "like" and then illustrate it.


(We do not have a fish by the way.) His drawings crack me up. That is a fish bowl with a an orange fish in the middle and green sea weed. When he first started it looked really good and I was very impressed by how recognizable it was. However, he has this odd compulsion to color in the background space of everything and so eventually the picture became a giant blob of color. But, I say nothing, as it is art and therefore completely up to him as to how it looks!


Speaking of art..... Here is more of an abstract piece for your viewing enjoyment. Liam has a strategy during homework time. Scream and throw things at us until I let him sit at the table and do what Noah is doing. Life is much simpler now that I have figured out to just give him his own box of crayons and piece of paper.

Needless to say I am glad the weekend has arrived. I am ready to relax and have no homework to worry about and nowhere to rush off to each morning. Oh, and to tell Noah he can organize his own damn room!

No comments: