Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More Liam Tales

And the plight of the second child continues....

Liam had his first day of Mother's Morning Out yesterday. We were all so chill about it that I almost forgot to even take a picture! Thankfully, as we were running in from the rain I remembered to stop for a photo op before we encountered the chaos of the classroom.


Please notice that he is standing next to his backpack instead of wearing it. I tried to get him to wear it, but it weighed so much that he kept stumbling over backwards. (I was a bit disappointed because his backpack is ADORABLE!) Please also notice that he is not all interested in looking at the camera. He was way more into trying to figure out how he could go play in the rain puddles.

Since he is very familiar with his school - Noah's old preschool - he wasn't at all upset about going to MMO. In fact he marched right up the stairs past other inconsolable children and walked right into the arms of his teacher, who took him right over to the slide. I took the opportunity to slip out while he was distracted and that was that! I returned three hours later and he causually waved at me, grabbed my hand, and we walked out!

In other news, Liam is really into doing everything that Noah does.



Of course, he has no idea that Noah keeps the game on one player and just lets him hold the other remote control. Liam presses all the buttons and waves the controller around and giggles like he is somebody!


Oh, and by the way..... Something I have learned lately. Trying to help Noah with his homework with Liam around is next to impossible. Liam has an innate ability to recognize when is being ignored and then promptly do anything he can do get my attention. Like, for instance, shoving crayons down the back of my pants while I work on math with my oldest. I didn't know whether to laugh hysterically or strangle him. So I think I will follow Noah's advice and "Just ignore him, ok?"

No comments: