Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Facts

Fact: I have sucked at blogging lately. I am trying to remedy that. We'll see how it goes.

Fact: We traveled to Atlanta last weekend. I was very worried about the 5 hour car trip but I must say, my boys did an awesome job traveling. We timed our trip - coming and going - to coincide with Liam's nap time, so both ways he spent almost half the time asleep. Noah played on the iPad quietly. Then, when Liam woke up, they both watched movies together on the portable DVD player. Throw in a couple of snacks and some funny faces to entertain in Atlanta traffic and you have a successful road trip.


(Sub-fact: My pictures these days are terrible. I vow to stop relying on my iPhone and start using my real camera. No really, I WILL do it!)

We did lots of fun things in the ATL. On Friday we got to see our good friends Jan, Clayton, and Abigail. That was a fun surprise for Noah - he had a ball playing with his buddies. We sure do miss them! On Saturday my Mom treated us to a visit to the Georgia Aquarium. The boys had a blast. We decided to brave it without the stroller and just let Liam wander around with Noah - it was the perfect decision. He hates to ride in the stroller and is finally old enough that I trust him to walk with us. We got there early and visited all the really popular exhibits before it got crowded. Everyone loved the underwater tunnel with the whale sharks and big sting rays.





(Aunt J, the above picture is for you. Mom must have been amazed by one of those Hammerhead sharks!)

As neat as it was to watch the fish swim around above us, Noah and Liam's favorite part was the moving sidewalk that went through the exhibit. Seriously.


We also really enjoyed the big tank. (I think I heard it is actually the biggest tank of any aquarium anywhere.) Noah, Bebe, and I staked out spots on the floor directly in front of the tank and spent a long time just checking out all the cool fish.


 Shortly after that Noah turned to me and asked when we could go visit the "lunch exhibit". Oh, and maybe after that the "toy exhibit". Is that what they are calling gift shops these days?

Fact: Taking two little boys to a train museum will always be a good choice.


Again, I am aware that the picture sucks but it at least proves that we went there!




Fact: It is inadvisable to try to go shopping at the mall with a 21 month old. You will end up in the Nordstrom men's shoe department wrangling an umbrella stroller, several packages, a bored 5 year old, two balloons, and said 21 month old in full melt down while your husband tries on expensive shoes and pretends he doesn't know who the crazy stroller lady with the loud children belongs to. Just sayin'. And after that super stressful meltdown in the middle of your favorite department store, it will be essential to stuff your face with food from Chipotle while you cruise down GA 400.


Fact: After being spoiled by Bebe for 5 days, it is always a good idea to have an impromtu play date to distract Noah from the fact that we are back to life as usual.


Abby Grace is a pirate, Olivia is a cowgirl... And I am not sure what the hell Noah is. Mario, the super hero police officer??

Fact: I am ready for the weekend. Happy weekend friends!

No comments: