Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

And we are finally back to the old routine.

After 2 weeks straight of holiday events and time with family and friends we are back to business as usual. Noah is back at school, Wes is back at work, the guest room is empty, and my house is quiet. Can't believe it is the beginning of a whole new year. Although, I will admit, it felt a little uneventful. We rang it in quietly, drinking wine on the couch and watching Ryan Seacrest on TV. Yes, we are getting old. Whatever.

While I am not a resolution kind of person, I DO like the feeling you get at the beginning of the year. Like everything is a blank slate, and you can write whatever you want on it.

Let's start with this. I need some wholesome food...pronto! I didn't completely go off the wagon over the holidays, but I know that I consumed way too many treats. And that is fine - there is definitely a time and place for treats so I won't beat myself up about it. However, you can imagine my joy when I checked my email and saw that my first CSA pick up was this morning.


Look at all that green! Kale, bok choy, carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, squash, peppers, tomatoes... I have such grand plans. This should go a long way to helping me with my much needed holiday detox!

So, happy new year everybody. Whether you are starting it off with bok choy or a Big Mac - here's to hoping its a great one!

No comments: