Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Morning

For Easter this year it was just the 4 of us. It was very relaxing and we had a good time as a family. The boys opened their Easter baskets and oohed and aahhed over their new Angry Birds tshirts and Liam declared his race car was "Coooolll!!!"

Church this year was really neat. We have recently started attending River Church and they hold their Easter services outside in a park every year in an effort to engage the community around them. Now, I will admit, I threw a minor hissy fit when I realized that I was going to have to stand in the middle of a baseball field while wearing my new white jeans, but once we got there I was okay. The sun was shining, the park was crowded, and even my boys sat still through the sermon. (An Easter miracle!)




Now if only we had sung my favorite song, it would have been perfect! So, I'll sing some of it here. This is what Easter means for me...

                          And as He stands in victory
                          Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me
                          For I am His, and He is mine
                          Bought with the precious blood of Christ


Happy Easter!

No comments: