Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Why We Love Aunt J

One of the boys' favorite things to do is hang out with their Aunt J. (My sister, Jessie, for those of you who don't know.) She is all about being goofy and having fun and they love it!

Sunday was her birthday (yes, she is our April Fool), and so on Friday Liam and I spent the morning with her doing some fun stuff. First we made a stop to buy Liam a pair of Crocs. He has been wanting a pair like Noah's and I was finally able to find a pair in his size that was an acceptable color. He immediately wanted to wear them so J and I obliged, changing his shoes in the parking lot. Of course, he has a weird obsession with wearing socks - he hates to be barefoot - and so refused to wear his new crocs without his socks. I was adamantly opposed to him wearing socks with crocs, but Aunt J over ruled me and declared that if it kept him happy, she would allow him to keep his socks on. I told her she could pretend he was her child. So she did.


After that we headed to get frozen yogurt at the birthday girl's favorite place: Menchie's. Liam was very happy that it was Aunt J's birthday and he got to indulge in yogurt with candy on top.


And then later, during some more shopping, Liam was also very happy when he managed to con Aunt J into letting him ride on one the race car at the mall. I had lied and told him I had no quarters... So he turned on the charm and Aunt J was putty in his hands. She busted out her quarters, no questions asked.


It was a very fun morning and Liam was more than ready to sleep when nap time rolled around.

On Sunday, J and her boyfriend Brett, came over to celebrate with the whole family. We did lunch and then Liam helped her blow out the candles on her cake. (25, she is sooooo old.)


After lunch, we spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard. J and Brett entertained the boys for a long time playing tag, and kickball and racing.



That evening Liam was so tired, all we he could do was collapse in a chair and watch Thomas The Train on the iPad.


Can you tell why my boys love their Aunt so much?! I know they wish every weekend was Aunt J's birthday!

No comments: