Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend Happenings

Jeez, where do I start?!

Since I have gotten into the nasty habit of only blogging once a week I feel like there is so much to catch up on - I don't even know where to begin. I think I will stick to our Easter weekend for now and catch up some other stuff later.

Wes and I started the weekend by going on a date. (We had free baby sitting offered by my Mom, who was in town.) We ate at Triangle - so yummy, as always - and saw the movie Act of Valor. It is a fictional account of a group of Navy Seals and some of their maneuvers, however, the action is performed by real life Navy Seals. I kind of wanted to see it - and Wes really wanted to see it - so we went. And I loved it! It was so amazing to watch all the things that the men and women of our armed services do to protect our country. It was very moving and I would highly recommend seeing it.

I spent Saturday morning doing my long run for the week. Our 90+ degree days have disappeared and I started off my 9 miles in 48 degrees. I was not happy! But I had some good company to distract me and so it went by pretty fast. (Well, not fast. I don't run fast but you get what I mean.) Afterwards we grabbed the boys, joined our friends, and headed up to the neighborhood Easter egg hunt. There was a jump castle and snow cones - in addition to our playground and the egg hunt itself. It seemed like everyone was there and we all had such a fun time. Have a mentioned how great our neighborhood is?!




PS... Apparently Lisa shares my love for nautical stripes! ;)

And then yesterday evening - after 8 hours of non-stop work by our friend Mr. Doug - and Wes 'helping' - the boys looked out the window and saw this.


Now that we have our fence, Wes and I decided that we could finally get the boys a play set for the back yard. It is a joint gift for both of their birthdays from us and all the grandparents. They love it!



In just 24 hours Noah has taught himself how to pump on the swing (finally!) and jump out while it is moving and land on his feet. And Liam has spent his time going around the bottom and breaking up all the clods of dirt that got dug up during installation. Typical.

So much fun to have a weekend full of friends, family, good times, and Dad not working!

No comments: