Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bring On Spring

So I am going to jump straight into this weekend's happenings and completely gloss over the fact that I kind of suck at blogging. OK?

If the leprechauns had been watching they would have had a golden opportunity for some pinching here in the Shealy family. None of us managed to wear any green today - unless you count my nails. We DID manage to celebrate St. Paddy's day, we just started a wee bit early this year.

On Thursday, Wes and I joined our friend Lisa and headed over to the bridge to run the Catch The Leprechaun 5K. We did manage to catch him this year (if only because he stopped to taunt people) and had a good time doing it. The post race beer wasn't quite as enjoyable because as soon as the sun set the temperature dropped into the 40's. Boo. Cold and sweaty do not mix. So we snapped some pics and headed out to Kickin Chicken for some yummy fried treats.





And just to prove I don't take myself too seriously, here is a picture of my running get-up in all it's green glory.


Oh, and to Lisa, my sincere apologies. I am not sure why I made this face while talking to you. I hope I don't look like that all the time. (If I do, lie and say I don't.)

What else?? Oh yeah. We did a Friday park play date which was double the fun because the warm weather found us! AND it stayed all weekend. Wes and I took advantage of it on Saturday evening by dropping the boys off with Bebe, and heading over to Red's Ice House to enjoy the views of the sunshine and water. The boys stayed the night at Bebe's and had a blast playing at the park. Especially when Grampy Marv consented to race them.


Wes and I spent the rest of the weekend doing some chores around the house, and then braving the sales at the outlet mall to invest in some new spring clothing. Poor Noah had 2 pair of shorts that actually fit, and all Liam's short sleeves looked like crop tops. Of course, I couldn't manage to get out of Saks without finding something I loved.


I am taking the warmer weather as a sign that it is time to put away my gray sweaters and dark denim, and bust out the spring colors. These pants should do the trick :)

Very excited to get this week started - there are only 9 school days left until Spring Break. Wahoo!!

No comments: