Monday, March 25, 2013

'Round Here

T- minus 3 days until the official start of Spring Break. I cannot wait!

Things have been pretty crazy around here - hence the no blogging - so I will try to catch you up on the happenings over the last several days.

So... The weather. Towards the end of last week all the pretty sunshine and warmness disappeared and the temperature went ape shit crazy cold. Since there could be no playing outside on Friday afternoon we took the opportunity to go check out a new restaurant here in West Ashley. Mex 1 Coastal Cantina was great! We grabbed Lisa and all the kids, and had a pretty chill dining experience. (Well, as chill as dining with 4 children can be!) The atmosphere was fun, the food was fresh and yummy, and the drinks were top notch. I had the jalapeno margarita - amazing!





Saturday Wes went to work while the boys and I spent the rainy morning lounging in our PJ's. It was just what we needed to recharge our batteries. And then, we were lucky that the rain let up just long enough for a Lowcountry Boil at our friends' house down the street. We had a great time hanging out with everybody. Maybe a bit too great of a time - ha! For some reason us girls had a hard time figuring out how to take a decent group picture. Here are several of the outtakes...




Not sure we ever really got a good shot that night. Oh well, what we did get gave me some good laughs!

Sunday was another low-key day that we spent hanging out at the house doing chores and relaxing. I was also very proud of the fact that I took advantage of the 2 hour rain free window to fit in my planned 5 mile run. I am not proud of the fact that while running I kept slipping in the slimy mud around the neighborhood and almost bit the dust several times. Good thing that there are very few occupied houses in that section of the neighborhood!

And now it is another Monday - but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Spring Break here we come!!

No comments: