Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend

I am sitting on my couch at 10:30 in the morning. The house is empty and quiet.... Ahhhhh.

It is spring break (woohoo) AND both boys are at my in-laws house for a few days so I am footloose and fancy free. Which, I have to admit, isn't sitting well with me. I feel a bit unnerved by the thought of having no schedule, no pressing matters to take care of, no one screaming "Mama I need you!" Not that I am complaining or anything, it just feels weird. I am trying to think of it as the calm before the storm. The storm of the next 8 weeks that is - when I will be teaching a four year old class 5 days a week. When we start having soccer practice and games every week. When there are a million end of the year parties and performances to attend. Yes, for now I will sit back and enjoy my calm. And blog.

Our Easter was a good one. We headed up to see Wes' parents at the lake on Saturday. The boys love to be up there, so much so that Noah was pretty bummed about it being too cold to swim. (Seriously, he wanted to.) We went to church with them on Sunday morning where Liam promptly fell asleep in Nana's lap for the whole service - Praise God! (I had been worried about how he would do sitting through an hour+ service. Turns out my worrying was for nothing!)

After church the boys played with some of their Easter basket goodies.


Star Wars themed of course. We also got to have a really fun egg hunt outside in the pretty weather. Pops, Wes and I hid eggs and then the boys were off! They were running all over the place - back and forth - with huge grins, so excited about gathering eggs. It was hilarious to watch Liam's little legs try so hard to keep up with his big brother.





They each found lots of candy filled eggs and one of the special Darth Vader eggs that was filled with money. Noah really liked that one - he has grand plans for how to spend his $2 at the school store!

After that, Wes and I came home - childless! It was perfect timing, as I got to spend all of yesterday with my sister celebrating her 26th birthday. We were able to shop and eat in a leisurely fashion. My Mom treated us all to lunch at Fuji in Mt Pleasant. I really enjoyed my little Bento Box meal - the perfect amount of food.



I crack up every time I look at this pic of me and Jess. I look like such a shorty! Now I know why the sales lady at Saks was dumbfounded when we said we were sisters. (She seriously came out from behind the counter to stare at what shoes my sister was wearing. "Sisters?! Really? Well, you have on tall shoes I guess...")

The birthday celebrating continued that night. Wes and Brett joined the fun for dinner at EVO and a movie afterward.


And... that's about it I guess. That brings you up to date on what's been happening around here. I won't really have the boys back until Thursday evening. (They are going from my MIL's to my Mom's house. Yes, I am very lucky to have grandparents around who love my boys so much.) Until then I plan on doing some cleaning, some reading, some working out, and getting a haircut - not necessarily in that order.

Here's to a relaxing spring break!

No comments: