Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Recent Happenings

Yesterday I mentioned that lately I had been just a touch stressed out. I mean, you know, just a little. Anyway, in no particular order, here a few of the reasons why....

1.) Our AC unit has a broken coil and we are leaking freon and it is HOT up in this piece! (It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes... Just kidding my clothes are still on.) I spent 3 days stuck in this inferno of a house last week waiting on various repairmen (and then 2nd and 3rd opinions when we realized how much this might cost.) A neighbor of my Mom's finally came and gave us a reasonable quote (you know, one that wouldn't send Wes into the stroke danger zone) AND he charged the unit with freon as a favor so we wouldn't burn up while waiting for him to order our part. Bless him. Of course, all this was discovered while we had guests sleeping in our upstairs. Our friends Lisa and Jeff stayed a couple nights with us while they moved out of their house and loaded a truck to New Orleans.

2.) Which brings us to reason numero dos... My friend Lisa moved away to New Orleans :(

3.) Also, while I was waiting around for AC repair guys I scheduled our annual termite inspection. And turns out we have termites in our garage. Lovely.

4.) And the biggest stresser of all? Potty Training El Diablo. (That's Liam by the way.) Without going into too much detail, he fully mastered 'number one' very quickly but 'number two' was a different story. I am knocking on wood as we speak, but we seem to have turned a corner and he is doing much better the last few days. He is now in underwear all day long and a pull-up at night. Phew!

As some of you may already know, I can be a little dramatic. While all the above things have sucked, we did also do some fun things over the past couple of weeks too. Here are some pictures of what has kept me somewhat sane!


Noah's soccer team had their end of the year party. They received their trophies and celebrated being the league champions in their age group! He was so proud :)


My standing weekly play date with these ladies is always a bright spot. Love to laugh with them!


Stalking the neighborhood with light sabers at night is always fun right?! (And no, that other little boy is not my long lost oldest son. That is our friend Dalton who just looks like he could be related to us.)


And one other good thing that happened in the last two weeks? I scheduled a trip to see that lovely brunette in the above picture. So glad she picked a fun city to move to! Can't wait to see you in NOLA this August Lisa!

No comments: