Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cold Turkey Hell

Okay, I am in serious need of a 12 step program or something. It may not be crack or even cigarettes but I have a serious addiction...to running. Unfortunately my broken 4th metatarsal made me have to stop running entirely for 6-8 weeks and I am on the verge of a breakdown. I just keep going back to the wonderful 8 mile run that I had before I broke my foot. (Actually, technically, my foot was already broken when I did it, but my genius doctors just hadn't figured it out yet!) That 8 miles was awesome and I am itching to get back out there.

This morning I actually caught myself yelling at random joggers in my neighborhood as I drove past. Who do you think you are? I've never seen YOU running before! Where were you when I was out pounding the pavement in 90 degree heat and 100% humidity? On your ass on the couch, that's where! And now you get to enjoy the fall weather while I am stuck on the stationary bike like a hamster on a wheel! I even got really snarky in front of Noah. He pointed to a girl and said, "Oh! She is runnin!"

"I guess", I replied with a smirk, "If you can call it that".

Yikes!

See, I am not in a good place!

No comments: