Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Recent Happenings

1. Last weekend Noah had a 4 day holiday, so on Friday my sister and I took the boys to the Aquarium. The boys loved going on an outing with Aunt J and we got lots of cute pictures. And some not so cute ones. Liam makes posing for pictures very frustrating.





See that look on my face in that last picture? You try and take a picture with Liam and your face will look like that too.

2. The best part of the holiday weekend? Wes and the boys went to the lake to see my in-laws, which meant I was home BY MYSELF for 2 whole days!!! I got to do so many things: Clean my house, go shopping alone, drink wine with friends, do my long run, go to yoga, hang with my sister while eating delicious desserts, and drink more wine with more friends. I also got to stay up late reading in my bed and then sleep in the next morning. It was bliss!

3. This is my new favorite meal.


Roasted vegetables and chickpeas over quinoa with a little seasoning and olive oil. So good! And it is so simple to make. And it makes a ton so we have leftovers for lunches the next day. Yum!

4. Liam came home from the his weekend away with a case of Croup. He was up all Monday night barking like a seal. The doctor has given us a dose of steroids to help calm the inflammation in his throat and last night he already seemed a little better. (Good thing my new favorite meal includes a shit ton of veggies - maybe all the magical veggie nutrients will keep me from getting his virus!)

5. I got my hair cut yesterday.


I know that looks like a mug shot but I felt stupid smiling for it. Whatever. Anyway, want to know how I knew it was time for a haircut? On Super Bowl Sunday, at my friends' party, I kept accidentally dipping the ends of my hair into my margarita. Nothing says get a haircut quite like sticky, tequila soaked split ends.

6. Noah is the cutest. His new thing these days is that he likes to buy me flowers. (And by that I mean that he likes to pick them out and then have us pay for them of course.) Yesterday he picked out this bouquet.


The picture quality is terrible but you can see my main point - which is that he picked out the dyed daisies that include an electric blue color. He was so excited about them though, and he carried them around Publix while we shopped declaring how much I was going to love them. So, as any good mom would do, I put those electric blue flowers in a place of honor in my living room and told him I thought they were beautiful! And you know what? They totally are. I love that kid :)

No comments: