Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I Did On Wednesday

So Liam has one of his epic diaper rashes. For real - this thing is scary. Bright red and swollen and extended all over his private area. And guess what that means? Oh yeah, it means that even with Tylenol and Motrin and a fresh diaper 4 times last night there was no sleeping in our house.

All of that to say that there is a reason why I find myself stuck on the couch with a sleeping boy laid out on my chest in the middle of the morning. And for the love of God, I refuse to move and wake him up so I have been goofing around online. Want to know what I learned? Good, cause I'm gonna tell ya anyway!

1. I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest and I am not even on it yet. I feel like I should love it - everyone else does. And, when I look at it there are all these really cool pictures and ideas....But then, when I spend too much time looking, I start to get an anxious feeling in my chest. How do all these people have time to make/cook/craft/photograph all this stuff?! Then I start to feel completely inadequate and ask myself questions like, Why don't I have time to hand paint a "Time Out" chair for my kids to sit in? One that is covered in cutesy pictures and messages to let them know that even though they are being disciplined they are still loved. Listen, there are enough things in my life that make me feel less than perfect - I probably don't need to hear it from my computer screen too. I don't think I will be jumping on the Pinterest bandwagon.

But I did see this and laugh. (And then I thought of you Lisa!)


2. Okay, what else? Oh, I have discovered that once I latch onto to something I am likely to beat the idea into the ground. Like my love for nautical stripes. I saw about a bazillion things I wanted online this morning and they all had nautical stripes.

                                                                           source

                                                                             source

                                                                        source

Don't worry Wes, I didn't actually buy anything. (I couldn't move to get my wallet without waking up the 25 pounds of sleeping toddler on my chest.)

3. I took a People.com test about celebrities named 'Jennifer' and scored a perfect score. I felt awesome for about a half a second, and then stopped to think about the fact that I was celebrating a perfect score on a People.com quiz. (Higher standards Kelly, higher standards.)

And now I am laughing to myself because when Wes was trying to talk to me about politics the other day I got really mad and accused him of acting all condescending about me being uninformed. I believe I said something along the lines of, "I mean, I just don't have time to sit around and read politic blogs all day Wes! I am doing things!" But apparently I have plenty of time to take People.com quizzes. Hmm...

And that is all. (Well, not really. I did a lot of other stuff online during our random morning nap, but my laptop battery is dying so its time to wrap things up!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm wondering how you were able to type such a long (and hilarious) post with such a big kid laying on your chest?! Perhaps I'm not picturing it correctly...

Kelly Shealy said...

Well, first of all, he was hard core asleep when I started and I was able to balance the laptop on the arm of the couch and kind of type around him... I did roll him off about halfway through, as typing became a bit uncomfortable!