Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Liam At 2 Years Old

Where do I even start?!

Okay, how about with the easy stuff. At his 2 year check up Liam did great! Weighed in at 26 pounds (40th percentile) and his height was...well, I forget to be honest but I do remember he was 19th percentile.  No shots, one finger prick without tears, and a band-aid later and we were done!

(A funny story... At his appointment Liam had been playing with some angry birds toys and when we went to leave I realized he had somehow managed to lose one. I mean, how do you lose a toy in a tiny exam room?! His doc was sweet and helped me look but we couldn't find it. Cut to 2 weeks later, at my nephews newborn appointment, and our doctor walks in with the angry bird! He gave it to my brother-in-law and asked him to return it to Liam. How cute is that?!)

Okay, now for the rest of it. How to sum up Liam....?


When he was born I thought he was going to be so laid back and chill. But if the last year has taught me anything, it is that I was completely wrong about that. There is nothing that Liam does that isn't touched by drama. If he is happy, he is REALLY happy. And if he is mad, he is REALLY mad. There is no restraining his emotions. (Yes Wes, I know where it comes from...blah, blah. Everyone is aware that emoting that strongly is not a Shealy trait!) But as exhausting as his behavior can be at times, I wouldn't change him for the world. He is so Liam and I love it!

He is also obsessed with his older brother. He wakes up calling for "Woah" (and "wass-uls" - waffles- but that is beside the point) and doesn't stop all day long. When Noah leaves for school Liam is in despair, and when he comes home in the afternoon Liam is ecstatic. Because Noah loves Mario Brothers and Angry Birds, so does Liam. If Noah decided to parade around our neighborhood butt naked with a bucket on his head... so would Liam! When he is upset, it is Noah that he goes to for comfort and a hug. And the other day it was Noah who got the child who never stops moving to fall asleep in his lap.



Liam is talking a lot but it is not nearly as clear as the way Noah talked at the same age. Sometimes I am the only one who is able to translate. Of course, that doesn't stop him from emphatically telling people his opinion on everything - whether they understand it or not.


Some of my favorite words that he mangles are our friends and family's names. A few examples:

     Hannah and Connor =  Hann-o  and Conny
     Mrs. Lisa = Sisa
     Jack and Joey = Jack and Jo-gy
     Noah = Woah
     Ms. Frances = Fran-cins


Liam is also a lot more adventurous than Noah was. He loves to climb things and jump off of things and generally see how many gray hairs he can give his parents. (All in the name of trying to keep up with his big brother I imagine.)


Life with Liam is never dull, that's for sure! But he is such an important part of our family. He is a great brother to Noah, and he brings Wes and I so much joy and laughter. I am very excited to see the person that he grows up to be. (And if that happens to be a professional stunt man than I will not be surprised!)

No comments: