Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Noah's Weeklong Birthday Celebration

Yesterday Noah turned 6. His birthday is always an important day for me because it is the anniversary of the day that I became a mom. I can't believe it has been 6 years already! I love my oldest boy so much. Here we are together last night after a low key birthday celebration.


I say low key because his birthday celebrating is actually be dragged out over the course of a week. For his actual birthday yesterday, we shared dinner and cupcakes to celebrate with our small group from church. Liam especially was a big fan of the "cakecups". See....


Last Friday we had a celebration with friends up at the pool. I spent the whole week beforehand working on decorations for his Mario theme. I bit the bullet and found some ideas on Pinterest and made most of the stuff myself. Of course,  on the day of the party our sunshine and high temperatures disappeared and were replaced with wind and the threat of rain. The wind made hanging all my tissue paper puff balls a bit of a pain in the behind....


It also kept knocking over all the decorations I had made for the food table.



I had a bit of a mini-stroke about it while Wes looked on helplessly... And then I had to pull up my big girl pants and get over it. I can't control the weather. 

Turns out I shouldn't have stressed too much. Noah's friends showed up and they all jumped in the water. The rain held off long enough for the kids to decide that the water was freezing and they should just play on the playground instead.



Thanks goodness for the neighborhood playground! After the kids put on dry clothes, their blue lips disappeared and they enjoyed running around like crazy people.


Pretty soon it was time for pizza and cake.





Here is a picture of us singing to Noah. We had to pretend he had candles to blow out because the wind would not allow us to even get them lit! Thankfully he thought it was funny and did a fabulous job of blowing out his fake candles.


After cake we endured the present opening frenzy, then some more playground, and before we knew it, the celebration was over!


Despite the weather I think a good time was had by all - even the adults!


Most importantly, Noah really enjoyed it. And now he is counting down the days until Saturday when we will celebrate for the third time with my side of the family. 

No comments: