Friday, August 3, 2012

Stuff Liam Says

Can we please just start with the following picture?


We called him down for dinner one night and this is how Liam came down the stairs. Cowboy hat, two different weapons, and rain boots (on the wrong feet no less). Like some sort of random, lesser known superhero. (Hello, his shirt even says "Keeping the Street Safe"!) He wore that get up all night. The hatchet and sword even sat next to him at dinner. Oh, and make no mistake - the next morning the hat and boots were worn to Publix. Love him!

Liam is 2 going on 16. Really, sometimes I forget that he is as young as he is. And so does he. He wants to do anything and everything that Noah does. He is attempting to ride a two wheeler (with training wheels) that is really too big for him. He loves all the Mario video games just as much as Noah. At the pool he puts on his Puddle Jumper and takes off to swim with Noah, leaving me in the dust. He just loves floating around the pool with his big brother and the "big kids". And the things that he says! I end up laughing when I know I should be disciplining, but he is just so darn cute. (And he totally plays us because of it.) In all seriousness, we DO discipline him, but honestly he is a pretty easy kid. When he does do something wrong he sits nicely in time out and then apologizes and gives kisses. And his temper tantrums are short lived. Nine times out of ten you can pull him aside, explain a situation calmly to him and he will snap out of it. Noah was never quite that easy - he still isn't.

Anyway, here a few cute examples of the stuff that comes out of Liam's mouth.

~ He is loving the Olympics, in particular the swimming events. That combined with his love for our pool prompted me to ask him, "Liam are you going to be a swimmer when you grow up?" He looked right at me and said, "No." I then asked him what he was going to be. He said, "Um... (cocked his head back while he thought)... Mario! Mario with star power!"


~ When we drive in the car he always looks out the window and updates me on the weather. If there are clouds blocking the sun he will say, "Uh oh! The sun is all burnt out!" The other day he told me this, but then we made a turn in the opposite direction, where there were no clouds, and he saw the sun. Then he said, "I turned it back on Mama!"


~ The other day Noah walked by and smacked him on the chest on his way to the living room. Liam whipped around, ran after him pointing with his finger, and yelled, "Woah! Woah, you stop that, you understand?!"


~ Yesterday he was playing upstairs when he came to the top of the stairway and screamed, "Hey Mommy, I need more goldfish. Catch it!" This was followed by banging as his bowl was hurled all the way down the stairs. I wanted to be mad but I was also laughing.

~ And then there are the things he says that break your heart. At the water park with friends the other day, as we were walking to a slide, he turned to me and said, "I wish Daddy could be at water park!"

He is my little cuddle bug and class clown and Noah's best bud. We love him so much!

No comments: